Last updated: [19/01/2021]
Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the Abbie’s Dog Academy website along with the social media accounts linked in the footer of the website (YouTube, Instagram and Facebook) and also operates all the services which are detailed in the website (“Video Behavioural Session”, “Initial Behavioural Session” and “Additional Behavioural Session”). All of these services operated by Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd will be known as the “Service”.
Anyone who uses our Service will be known as (“you”, “your” or “client”)
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service.
The Types Of Personal Information We Collect
We currently collect and process the information detailed below.
Personal Identifiers, Contacts And Characteristics:
- Full Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Home Address
- The Clients Dog’s Name
- The Clients Dog’s Age
- The Clients Dog’s Neuter Status
- The Clients Dog’s Behavioural Problems
- Any additional information client provides both verbally and written
- We collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service. This is known as Log Data.
- This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Google Analytics – Cookies (_ga):
- Cookies are files with small amounts of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- We use Google Analytics to carry out a statistical analysis of page use, page interactions, and paths through our website to evaluate and develop our website. This is known as ‘digital analytics’. This information allows us to understand individual behaviours and needs more accurately. For more information on how Google uses the data collected via this service see here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics you can also use Google’s opt out browser add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
WordPress and SiteGround:
- We also use WordPress (for editing our website) and SiteGround (for hosting our website).
- When using Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd you understand your information will be processed in accordance to both SiteGround and WordPress privacy policies too.
- We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
- These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
How The Personal Information Is Used:
How the client’s information is used (from the website, ‘General Enquiry Form’, ‘Video Behavioural Session Form’, ‘Behavioural Session Form’, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube messages and enquires):
- To contact the client in order to discuss and/or schedule a service provided by Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd
- To send a personalised training plan to the client
- Approximately 2-4 weeks after the session, Abbie will email the client to ask how the client is getting on with all of the information and training set out by Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd
- Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd will only call the clients if they have requested to be called or if Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd needs to cancel and/or rearrange an appointment.
- Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd will retain the personal information for two years after the initial collection of the information. After this time, the client’s information will be deleted.
How We Store Your Personal Information:
Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd stores all personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Both physical and electronic procedures are set up in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd tries to protect all client’s information, but clients must understand that sending any information over the internet is not full secure. In sending any information to Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd, the client will be doing this at their own risk.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we discover that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our servers immediately.
Compliance With Laws
We will disclose your personal information where required to do so by law or subpoena.
Request A Copy:
You have the right to ask for a free copy of any personal data held by Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd (where data is held). When a request is unfounded, repetitive or excessive for further copies an administration fee of £12 will be charged.
Please get in contact with us (see contact details below) if you have any queries or concerns about how we store your personal information. If you feel that we are not handing your personal data correctly, you can contact the Information Commissioners Office.
Name: Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd
Address: 42 Lochshot Place, Eliburn, Livingston, West Lothian, EH54 6SJ
Phone Number: 07570842879
Terms & Conditions
Services Terms & Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to all services provided by Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd which are set out in this website. The services include both the initial behavioural session and the additional behavioural session.
Please be aware that booking and/or using any service provided by Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd constitutes acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
Practices and Techniques
Please note that Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd does not use aversive techniques. The techniques used are designed to be force-free, humane and fair. This means Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd will not use aversive techniques such as physical force or aversive equipment (including prong collars, choke chains, spray collars and electric shock collars).
Booking Process and Payment Process
In order to book a service with Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd, please complete the form found in the link at the top of the ‘contact’ page of the website or through the two links in the ‘behavioural session’ page. This helps Abbie’s Dog Academy gather the relevant information needed to process your request. All forms are emailed straight to Abbie Thomson’s business email address. Abbie will then view and reply to you within 48 hours (excluding Saturday and Sunday).
Once the date(s), time(s) and location(s) of the service has been mutually agreed upon, the payment options will be emailed. After this email has been received, the full payment must have been received within 72 hours (3 days). If the full payment is not received within 72 hours, then the mutually agreed upon appointment may be offered to another client. The available appointments are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
The payment options are: bank transfer or PayPal.
To avoid any doubt – appointment is defined as the mutually agreed upon date, time and location of a service provided by Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd.
Cancellations and Refunds
Appointments which are cancelled with more than two days (48 hours) notice, before the scheduled appointment, will be either be rescheduled or refunded.
Appointments which are cancelled within two days (48 hours) or less before the scheduled appointment will be subject to the full fee.
Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd retains the right to cancel an appointment(s). If an appointment(s) has been cancelled by Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd then the client(s) who have had their appointment(s) cancelled will either have their appointment rescheduled or will provided with a full refund.
For the sake of clarity – cancellations are classified as any appointment which cannot be attended at the date, time and location agreed when initially booked.
Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd can cancel appointment(s) in adverse weather conditions (even with very short notice to the client) if travel is deemed unsafe by Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd.
If this happens, the client will be phoned (Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd will provide as much notice as possible) and the appointment(s) will be rearranged to another mutually suitable date(s), time(s) and location(s).
Health and Safety
Please keep your dog on lead or contained in home/garden/car when Abbie Thomson first arrives for the arranged appointment.
Depending upon the behavioural issue of the dog, the client may need to take additional steps to ensure safety. It is the clients own responsibility to ensure the safety of their dog, themselves, other people, animals and dogs. If the client has any concerns about their dog’s behaviour, they should make sure they take all necessary precautions and steps (such as keeping their dog on lead, muzzling their dog, making sure all other pets are in a different room etc.). The client must ensure they are sensible and taking as many safety precautions as they can. Clients who have any concerns about their dog’s behaviour should ensure that they discuss and carefully think through everything, avoiding taking any risks.
Any client who has a dog which has bitten a person and/or animal should notify Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd prior to any service.
If an accident or injury occurs at any time during the service, then please notify Abbie Thomson at the time it occurs.
It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that any veterinary checks (or addition checks) are carried out if advised before, during or after an appointment. Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd may advise a client to take their dog to get checked by a veterinarian (or any additional checks), this will be the clients own responsibility to do so.
All members of the household are welcome to attend the arranged appointment. However, in some cases, discussions within the appointment may not be appropriate for children. The adult(s) should ensure they can provide their full attention to the information and discussions within the appointment. It is the parent(s)/carer(s) responsibility to decide whether allowing a child to attend the appointment would be appropriate.
Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd accepts no responsibility for the safety, wellbeing or care of any children before, during or after the appointment(s).
Privacy and Marketing
Photographs and videos may be captured of both dogs and owners within the appointment. These may be posted on the website (Abbie’s Dog Academy) and/or on social media (Facebook, Instagram or YouTube).
Please notify Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd before the appointment(s) if you would not like for any photographs or videos to be captured and/or shared.
Client Responsibility and Commitments
In participating in an appointment with Abbie’s Dog Academy, the client(s) is agreeing to the following:
- Being honest with all information they provide
- Ensuring that anything which may be unclear is clarified through asking questions
- Understanding that behavioural issues take time, hard work, consistency and commitment to alter
- Understanding that behavioural issues are difficult to change and there are no ‘quick fixes’
- Keeping an open mind and being optimistic about possible changes, solutions and techniques
- Using the personalised training plan and support of Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd and not (potentially) creating confusion for the dog by using other techniques and methods adopted from books, friends/family, other trainers and/or the television
Clients are to understand that attempting to modify a behaviour poses a risk of injury. Clients must take full responsibility for this risk and ensure that they themselves take all necessary precautions in order to prevent the risk of injury to their dog, themselves, other dogs, animals or people. Clients agree to take full responsibility for any damage or loss of property which may occur within the appointment (such as damage to equipment etc).
Clients agree to indemnify and hold Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd unaccountable against any and all losses, deaths, injuries, liabilities, judgments and costs (including both legal fees and expenses) arising out of, or related to, any claim of injury to a human(s), animal(s) or property of any kind, whether before, during or after the service provided by Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd and when implementing suggested methods and techniques with a dog.
While Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd aims to make the information in their services and on their website, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube as accurate as possible, Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy or adequacy of the contents/information, and explicitly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents/information.
All content within the services provided by Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd and all content within the website, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube of Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd is subject to copyright and may not be reproduced in any form without express written consent of the Abbie’s Dog Academy.
If you are not willing to accept these Terms and Conditions you may not use the Website, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube or any services provided by Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd. Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions, and any other Terms and Conditions contained elsewhere on the Website, at any time. It shall be the viewer/clients responsibility to check regularly to ensure that they agree to any such amendments.
Until further notice, Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd will be following the protocols and precautions set out below in order to try and maintain the safety of clients.
Location of appointment:
- All appointments will be take place outside where social distancing can be maintained
- No entering the home of any client
- Appointments will be carried out on a walk or in the client’s garden where social distancing can be maintained
To avoid any doubt – social distancing is where 2 meters’ distance will be maintained between Abbie and the client(s).
Additional protocols and precautions:
- Clients should ensure they maintain a distance of 2 meters from Abbie
- If children attend (see Family(Children) section of Terms and Conditions) then the adults are responsible for ensuring they maintain a distance of 2 meters from Abbie. Due to this, there should be a minimum of two adults attending the appointment so that one can focus on the children and one should focus on all the information and discussions within the appointment
- Clients must ensure they wash their hands straight before the appointment. If the client is unable to wash their hands, then they must bring and use their own hand sanitiser right before the appointment begins. Abbie will do this too
- The client must ensure they communicate to Abbie before the appointment if they would like Abbie to wear a mask throughout the appointment. The client should ensure their dog is comfortable with people wearing masks around them. If they are unsure or know their dog isn’t then they should ask Abbie for advice
- The client must ensure they communicate to Abbie if they are in the high-risk category and notify Abbie as to whether or not they would like her to wear a mask
- Abbie will bring her own lead which she will use to demonstrate training with the client’s dog so to prevent sharing leads.
COVID-19: Cancelations and Refunds:
- If the client needs to cancel their appointment due to self-isolation or from contracting COVID-19 within 48 hours of the appointment, then the appointment will be rearranged for a mutually agreed date, time and location. The payment from the cancelled appointment will be kept and used for the rearranged appointment.
- If Abbie needs to cancel an appointment due to self-isolation or from contracting COVID-19, then the appointment will be rescheduled as soon as possible or the client may request a refund.
Further Alterations to Scottish Government Guidelines:
Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd will follow the guidelines set out but the Scottish Government. If at any point the government states that it is not safe to conduct work outdoors, with social distancing measure, then the appointment(s) will be postponed until the Scottish Government states otherwise.
Appointments can be conducted indoors (in the client’s home) once Scottish Government declares it is safe to do so.
If a client’s appointment is postponed due to changes in the Scottish Government guidelines for COVID-19 then the client can request phone and/or email support until their appointment can be rescheduled. It is recommended by Abbie’s Dog Academy Ltd that the client should still go ahead with the appointment whenever it is able to be rearranged. In order to have an effective training plan, it is important that Abbie is able to assess all factors which may be associated with this unwanted behaviour. This isn’t fully possible without viewing the dog’s behaviours in its natural environment.